Thursday 21 March 2013

Enough with the snow already!

Well what do you know world?  It's March 21st, second day of Spring and everything is still covered in snow outside!  What the hell?? 

Bikes have been allowed on Montreal roads for 6 days now, but God save anyone who tries to ride with the conditions the way they are right now. (or should we leave that to Darwin's law?)

Seeing the date, and seeing the conditions outside makes me think that I won't be starting my practical lessons for another few weeks, probably the weekend after Easter.  Let's say that is true, so it would be April 6th, and end the weekend of April 14th.  If I get lucky I can do my SAAQ test by the beginning of May.  That would leave me 4 weeks to ride around Montreal and get ready for the road trip to the Dragon Tail.

That would be the ideal situation.

What I can see happening though, is that my classes get pushed back by a week, and the SAAQ is booked solid and I don't get in until mid May.  That would leave only 2 weeks of prep riding before taking off on an almost 4000km odyssey (at least it's an odyssey for me, my ass is hurting just thinking about it). And that is if I pass the exam on my first try, many people have not, so it's not a guarantee.

I've prepared myself that there is a real possibility that I may not be able to go on the trip this year.  I just won't have the skill to do it.  I will try my best to get ready, but I don't want my first road trip to also be my last.

So here's crossing my fingers that the f****ing winter ends soon so I can get into the yard and start my lessons.  I really want to go on this trip, so World, if you have any sway with Mother Nature, get on it please!

No comments:

Post a Comment